Tuesday 19 July 2016

I remain the National Chairman of PDP until 2018- Ali Modu Sheriff says.


Embattled factional leader of PDP, Ali Modu Sheriff, says he remains the National Chairman of the party till 2018 and that until the party caretaker committee members led by Ahmed Makarfi resigns, the party cannot be at peace. He said this while speaking with some PDP members in Abia State yesterday, July 18th.

According to Sheriff, these are the conditions he set at a meeting he had with some Governors and leaders of the party in Abuja last week.



"I told them that the convention should hold in Abuja away from Port Harcourt. These are the conditions to be met before I would speak to members of my National Working Committee. People are very interested in our party and how the impasse will be settled. Yes we have met, and issues were discussed, but all the issues I put forward for them was for the Makarfi Caretaker Committee to resign. Since it is an aberration as far as our party constitution is concerned, I told them that I am not ready to be a permanent chairman but I want the party to be placed in proper stead. If he resigns tomorrow, I will ask the members of my NWC whose tenure still lasts to 2018, including myself, and set up a Convention Committee in Abuja. In that convention, I will give away my mandate that will not expire until 2018. But until then, I remain the national chairman of this party until 2018. If the leaders of our party felt that we can find a solution without exhausting the Court then I am open to it we can find a political solution. Nothing like what has been reported. If you do not stand on the truth, the end result will be a serious distraction. The convention committee that we will do, I will nominate the chairman 10 people, and the Makarfi group will present 10 people and plan a convention that will take place in Abuja"he said

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and they do not reflect or represent the views of Njay's Nook.

If you have a complaint or a story, please contact njaysnook.blogspot.com Via

njaysnook@gmail.com