Wednesday 29 June 2016

Chelsea Handler Responds to Critics After Abortion Op-Ed.


After receiving some backlash from internet trolls over her brutally honest essay in Playboy, Chelsea Handler is striking back.


For the magazine's "Freedom" issue, the comedian and Netflix talk-show host wrote a piece in which she revealed that she had two abortions when she was 16 years old.

"I don't ever look back and think, God, I wish I'd had that baby," Handler wrote.
Some readers have criticized the comedian for a tone that they perceived to be too flippant for such a serious subject, but Handler took to Twitter on Tuesday to set the record straight.
"When I agreed to write an article on a woman's right to choose, I certainly wasn't bragging," she tweeted. "I chose to tell the truth. #shouldbemoreofit"

The 41-year-old Chelsea host credited her teenage decisions to the 1973 Supreme Court ruling on a woman's right to an abortion, Roe v. Wade, saying, "it's infuriating" when politicians attempt to overturn the ruling.
When I agreed to write an article on a woman's right to choose, I certainly wasn't bragging. I chose to tell the truth.#shouldbemoreofit

— Chelsea Handler (@chelseahandler) June 28, 2016
"We've already made the decision, and now we're moving on to transgender rights," she wrote. "And it's a wrap on men deciding what women can do with their bodies."

This wasn't the first time, Handler opened up about terminating a pregnancy. In 2011, she told the New York Times she had an abortion "because that's what I should have done."




ET online

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and they do not reflect or represent the views of Njay's Nook.

If you have a complaint or a story, please contact njaysnook.blogspot.com Via

njaysnook@gmail.com